Youth Ambassadors Program
Bookworm Gardens has a terrific opportunity for enthusiastic, energetic and responsible middle and high school students! The Youth Ambassadors Program consists of Youth Volunteers and Youth Interns who provide valuable support for the mission of Bookworm Gardens-to enrich the mind, body, and spirit of the young and the young at heart through exploration in a garden environment based on children’s literature.
Upcoming Opportunity: TBD! Connect with Karen at email@example.com for more information!
• Available to volunteer from June through October
• Assists with educational programming, garden maintenance and special events
• Provides own transportation
• Variable hours
• Paid internship (small stipend)
• Assists with summer camp programming (scheduled for six weeks from June 19, 2017-August 4, 2017)
• Available 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
• Internship responsibilities/hours will be shared between all interested youth
• Application and interview required
Why volunteer at the Gardens?
The Youth Ambassador Program will provide students with opportunities to:
• Foster positive relationships with preschool and elementary-age children
• Assist with and develop garden programming
• Promote stewardship between the community and Bookworm Gardens
• Build confidence, leadership, and public speaking skills
• Develop horticulture skills
• Engage in effective communication, goal setting, and project planning
Applications can be emailed to Bookworm Gardens (1415 Campus Drive, Sheboygan WI 53081) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about participating in the Youth Ambassadors Program, please contact Karen Shircel, Education Specialist- email@example.com or 920-287-7895. We look forward to having you join the fun this summer at the Gardens!